Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Absence of Words



 
~ The Absence of Words ~
 
A well-worn path cuts through the night
heart to moon, a love to make right
going nowhere, Hope runs aground
and silence is the only sound
 
A favorite song, clear yet haunting
evokes memories, now taunting
like words without meaning, they drown
and silence is the only sound
 
Don't think of all that could have been
just vow to never try again
for not all things lost can be found
And silence is the only sound
 
A well-worn path cuts through the night
and silence is the only sound.
 
© Dahlia Ramone: January 3, 2016
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Just silence always come back to that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never was a big fan of silence. Maybe that's why I always have music on ;)

      Delete
  2. Silence is not golden....this was a searingly beautiful write my friend. ((HUGS)) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, C. Silence is actually very heavy *sighs*

      Delete
  3. I never have to deal with this silence. Rather, when significant players exit, I tend to speak to them as though they are still in the room.

    Such a grand poem you have shared here, and your song choice holds great sway, as when I hear that song, the person that always comes to mind is you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But do they answer you back?

      And I remember telling you once that this was my "go to" song whenever I am heartbroken. Something about this song just resonates with my soul.

      Delete
  4. i personally love the silence and absolutely loved this poem. Nicely done doll face 'lia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the poem, Lia and I can see you loving the silence - thanks for stopping by ;)

      Delete