Sunday, April 1, 2018

Resurgence

 


WAITING - PHASE ONE
 
The Long Silence
 
Queries litter the ground
fallen from lips of ashes
representations of time
wasted on the waiting
what happens now
as I kneel and disconnect
drawing the line
in my ashes
 
STRIP THE SOUL - PHASE TWO
 
Drown with Me
 
Disappear with me
the half-light beckons
with its seductive flicker
to the start of something beautiful:
The Sleep of No Dreaming.
stop swimming, the rest will flow
and we can just sleep, together
 
FUTILE - PHASE THREE
 
Blackest Eyes
 
Remember me, lover
as I dig this shallow grave
cover it with footprints
of those who come after me
to watch the stars die
 
FADE AWAY - PHASE FOUR
 
Always Never
 
Don't sing to me of halos
even less, of sentimental things
I've been down that road before
and don't try to reason
that I am in the driver's seat
the joke's on you
I drive the hearse
 
ACCESS DENIED - PHASE FIVE
 
Arriving Somewhere, But Not Here
 
To your credit, you didn't say
all the words I'd heard before
you simply laid your flag before me
kneeling beside my open grave
and as the moon touches your shoulder
I believe in Fate once more.
 
(c)  Dahlia Ramone:  April 1, 2018
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 5.11 Topic:  My Fate
 
Bonus Prompts:
Hard (2 pts):  Incorporate a lyric by the group Porcupine Tree *
Easy (1 pt):  Mention something found in a cemetery (grave, flag)
 
* I used the following song titles, in order:
 
Waiting - Phase One / The Long Silence / Lips of Ashes /
What Happens Now / Kneel and Disconnect / Drawing the Line / My Ashes / Strip the Soul / Drown with Me / Disappear /
Half Light / Flicker / The Start of Something Beautiful /
The Sleep of No Dreaming / Stop Swimming /
The Rest Will Flow / Sleep Together / Futile / Blackest Eyes / Remember Me Lover / Shallow / Footprints / Stars Die /
Fade Away / Always Never / Halo / Even Less / Sentimental /
The Joke's on You / I Drive the Hearse / Access Denied /
Arriving Somewhere But Not Here /
The Moon Touches Your Shoulder
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. Love this, Dollface!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this was amazing...so awesome...and I love Harry btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dedication to this band is fan worthy. They would be honoured.
    Your dedication to your craft astounds me, even after all these years.
    Let's not discuss your driving, and why you felt it necessary to obtain a chauffeur license.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is definitely using the prompts and magnificently

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully dark. Ps I remember firsties lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another song addict. 8 points Earthling

    Martien

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!

    Michelle King

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant!! I felt every word in my being as if I was one of the parties. Yes. This was absolutely brilliant! <3 Leta

    ReplyDelete