Sunday, November 4, 2018

Impasse




Four walls and a roof
time measured in tears
a home or a box?
a love in arrears
 
words without action
a longing, untold
promises broken
as memories unfold
 
no balance in check
my voice, secondary
the desired outcome:
imaginary
 
just what the truth is
I can't say anymore
love let itself quietly
out the back door.
 
can't live on assumption
no gestures on display
I could drown in indifference
or I could walk away.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  November 4, 2018
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 36.11 Topic:  Should I Stay or Should I Go?
 
Bonus Prompts:
Hard (2 pts):  Include a Moody Blues lyric *
Easy (1 pt):  Reveal an obsession (I did not)
 
 
* "Just what the truth is, I can't say anymore"
(Nights in White Satin)
(Fourth stanza)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. Wow this was very raw and full of deep truths. I love it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, C. It was actually difficult to write, from an emotional standpoint. Made me kind of melancholy.

      Delete
  2. I know walking away goes against everything, sometimes it has to happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. All too familiar... Fantastic write,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walk away... Quietly walking away is always the first best option.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drowning in indifference sounds like a bad choice. 7 points Earthling

    Martien

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Dollface!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just walk away...easier said than done. Its ramifications lasts for years. I know. Been there. Trying to leave it fully behind. <3 Leta

    ReplyDelete