Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Sound of Grey

 
~ The Sound of Grey ~
 
There's a place where the moon shines grey
where silence sings and emptiness rings
a haunting place for haunted hearts
seeking refuge from their own disarray
 
Cry baby cry
cry for a shadow disguised as hope
cry as edges blur on a downward slope
cry when dreams falter and you cannot cope
cry baby cry
but there'll be no reply
 
Between black and white, intent loses its way
words curl up and drift away
their meaning lost when no one stays
and she circles back around to yesterday
 
Yesterday, yesteryear - when did it start?
she carries the weight of the devil in her heart
insecurities bleed through wounds that won't heal
as he strengthens his hold, truth become surreal
 
Cry baby cry
cry for a memory you once held dear
cry for a time when you loved without fear
cry for a way to be reassured
cry baby cry
but there'll be no reply.
 
© Dahlia Ramone: September 20, 2015
 
 
 
*Disclaimer - this is not a reflection of my current muse. 
The prompts just took me dark this week.
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia Week 31.8
Topic:  Between Black & White, There Lies a Lot of Grey
 
Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 puts) Incorporate a song by the Beatles
 (listed below)
 
(Easy, 1 pt) Mention Kid Rock (I did not)
 
Beatles' songs I used:
 
there's a place / cry baby cry / cry for a shadow /
carry that weight (paraphrased) / devil in her heart /
no reply / circles / yesterday
 
 
 
 
 
 

28 comments:

  1. This is a downhill track with no end in sight. Look out for the blind curves...

    Big fun to read, knowing you are in a great place in life, and this is just an awesome exercise in writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a track I knew well. Fortunately, as you noted, it is no longer a current reflection :)

      Delete
  2. Wow..love the intensity and purity of raw emotions here. "words curl up and drift away" is my favorite line...and what a perfect song. I never even heard this from the Monkees and you know they were my first concert!! LOL Great write Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that line would have gone well with last week's prompt of 'blowing in the wind.' And this Monkees' song was the first one that came to mind when I saw the topic - lol! I never saw them in concert, but man, I never missed an episode on TV :D

      Delete
  3. This is already my favorite entry this week,,The others will have a rough go to top it. I don't think they can..
    Stormy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I think it was one of the first ones posted - lol! High praise, Stormy. Thank you :) I'm looking forward to reading all the others as well :)

      Delete
  4. Dark this may be but well penned indeed,
    You took the Devil for a ride with this one!
    7 points Earthling! :)

    Marvin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a hard one to outrun sometimes.

      Thanks, Martian Dude ;)

      Delete
  5. So this is what grey sounds like.... hauntingly beautiful. ��

    Leta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I do love the color grey, but it can have it's dark side.

      What was it Batman said in the Lego Movie? I only work in black, and sometimes very dark grey - lol!

      Love you, dollface <3

      Delete
  6. A heavy emotion riding through but so beautifully poised ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pulling from some dark emotions from my past. Thank you, Poppy :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! Excellent, so much so it made my heart cry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww....sorry Blue Dude - didn't meant to do that. This was a story I knew well, but it's in the past now :D

      Delete
  8. Hauntingly beautiful...I am all about those shades of gray. This touches deep down, it is darkly entrancing and stunning. Love your pen, (((DOLLFACE))) and love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Colleen - I am always in such awe of your own poetry, so your praise means a lot to me :) Love you tons!! <3 (((hugs)))

      Delete
  9. I love you went dark this week - it is a fun side of you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely enough, it can be kind of fun going dark. I haven't done that in a while, and I went in deep this time - lol! Thanks, dollface :)

      Delete
  10. Feeling the powerful emotions through your eloquent poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice when people can feel the emotion. Thanks for stopping by, Barbara :)

      Delete
  11. I love this dark write, Dollface!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Very nice. This would make a great song! :)

    ~~DJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I never thought about that, Diana. Maybe I need to get in touch with my musically-inclined friends - lol! Thanks :D

      Delete
  13. You did the Beatles a great tribute! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm not even much of a Beatles fan - lol! But I do love incorporating anything music-related :)

      Delete