Monday, August 3, 2015

Forsaken






~ Forsaken ~

A well-worn path cuts through the night
heart to moon, begs to understand
how tides turn on nocturnal dreams
to unravel on the morning’s light

Time contradicts, and negates the years
where happiness danced; but it cannot unsee
and now it hangs, a mocking presence
through a mist that tastes of tears

Only questions remain, born of the heart’s folly
a gentle breeze, touched by sorrow, stops to listen
but the moon has no answers
and her silence sings melancholy.


© Dahlia Ramone: August 3, 2015



This was written for Blogophilia Week 24.8

Topic: Monday Mornings
Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 pts) Incorporate all five senses 
(sight, sound, touch, taste, smell) 

(Easy, 1 pt)  Mention the word "melancholy"  
(I did not write on topic, 
but I used four of the hard prompts and the easy one)




18 comments:

  1. The moon only answers questions with questions... Time is a constant, time is a contradiction. Time does not even feel the need to answer a question; time is not arbitrary.

    This is, unquestionably, one of the finest poems you have ever written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is both friend and foe. And sometimes, not even the moon has answers.

      Your praise is usually more than I deserve, but I'll always love you for that :)

      Delete
  2. I loved the theme and how you phrased it all so beautifully
    Stormy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stormy. This piece took a while to write, but I'm glad you enjoyed it ;)

      Delete
  3. Too many times there aren't answers - things just are. That never feels right, yet it is the way it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "It is what it is" has become my motto in life. There are things we just have to learn to accept, even though we'll never know why. *sighs*

      Delete
  4. "and her silence sings meloncholy"....great last line. Love it. Felt it. Great write my friend
    also enjoyed the LMP song to go with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of the first lines that came to mind, and I kind of wrote my poem around it. And I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it years ago. It's one that I can put on repeat for an hour and just feel.

      Delete
  5. beautiful write , love your flowing words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mondays are always forsaken and you do have the word 'mornings' in your blog so I would have to say that you wrote on topic...that being said this is such a heartfelt write! Excellent! 7 points Earthling! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I guess I did have 'mornings' in there - I didn't intentionally try - loll! But I'll take the points. Thanks, Martian Dude ;)

      Delete
  7. So beautifully and eloquently expressed. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! You really have a way with words, Dollface.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a deep lovely melancholy write!! Love it, dollface!! Squishy huggs!!! -Leta

    ReplyDelete