Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Faltering



~ The Faltering ~
 
In the dark of night, I falter
having tripped across your altar
I tried to make my heart adjust
when asked to once again face Trust
 
'hear my voice; hear my voice' I plead
apparently, you found no need
and I learned your love was unjust
when asked to once again face Trust
 
nail to coffin, you were one more
to a truth I cannot ignore:
time and patience just turns to dust
when asked to once again face Trust
 
in the dark of night, I falter
when asked to once again face Trust.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone: September 11, 2016
 
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 30.9 Topic:  Dark of Night
 
Bonuses:
Hard (2 pts): Incorporate a lyric by The Talking Heads *
Easy (1 pt): Include a Shakespearean character **
 
* 'Patience' (fict) is an attendant on Katherine, in Henry VIII
** 'Hear my voice, hear my voice' ("Warning Sign")
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



15 comments:

  1. The photo you chose for this poem is perfect, Dollface! Trust doesn't come by easily when one has been hurt.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dollface. I know I got lucky with that picture, in that I found it fairly quickly. Sometimes it takes me longer to find a corresponding picture than it takes me to write the poem - lol!

      Delete
  2. Trust is tricky - it is very hard to find a second time. I hope you find it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second time isn't as hard; it's after the third time that it really becomes a problem.

      Delete
  3. I trust you realized at the close of this poem, you had captured lightning in a bottle, then released it at your leisure, because you can.

    Loving this piece. Immensely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful words, that immediately create the perfect imagery and emotions, loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Most excellent write! 8 points Earthling! :)

    Martien

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent. Trust can be so fickle when given to the wrong person
    Stormy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust. So very hard to do when it's been broken,especially by someone(s) that you long to trust one more time. :)

    Leta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feeling the powerful emotions through each eloquent word.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful poem! It is hard to face trust once trust has burned you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When trust is broken, it is extremely hard to do so again, but you do and sometimes it happens again. I love this and enjoyed the read!

    ReplyDelete