Sunday, May 22, 2016

~ Before the Winter Moon ~

 
~ Before the Winter Moon ~
 
Memories ripple
like time, indefinite
like my love - my downfall
inevitable and bittersweet
 
we knew the risk
we were of two different worlds
but what did a far-off future matter
when time would stop and the sky would fall
every time we came together?
 
"I guess we'll make love under the Cherry Moon"
you'd whisper in my ear each night
my return smile would get lost in your kiss
the sky turned indigo
and the moon blushed
as you took me across that forbidden bridge
 
you're the wind and the rain
you've got a river that takes away my pain
drowned my ghosts and made me sane
but while we loved, we loved in vain
 
the tide pulled, the moon turned
and winter came too soon
I closed my eyes, you slipped away
and all the midnights in the world
couldn't bring you back to me.
 
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  May 22, 2016
 
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia Week 14.9
 
Topic:  Smile
Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 pts): Use a Prince lyric in your blog *
(Easy, 1 pt): Mention your favorite board game **
 
* Prince lyrics:
"Like time, indefinite" (Reflection)
"Time would stop and the sky would fall" (One Kiss At A Time)
"I guess we'll make love under the Cherry Moon" (Under The Cherry Moon)
"You're the wind and the rain / you've got a river that takes away my pain"
(My Love Is Forever)
"All the midnights in the world" (All The Midnights In The World)
 
** Board game (not my faves, but still board games):
Downfall / Risk / Indigo / Forbidden Bridge / Ghosts
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

30 comments:

  1. Frist??

    Who can fathom the attraction that brings two people together, but then one splits away... Were both honest in the start? Hard to say... A poem leading to pondering. Wonderfully done.. -Dave Raider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nice fristing ;)

      Sometimes, love is just not meant to be
      and the reasoning behind it, we can't always see.

      Thanks, Dave :)

      Delete
  2. The best and the worst of men/relationships all in one. The highs are over the moon and the pain is palpable

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it always that way? Seems there is never one without the other...

      Delete
  3. so very very pretty...love this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moon-magnetic pull appeal of this poem reels me in. You have identified all of these intangibles and in tandem, they have seemingly all the points accounted for except maybe for north and south.

    Great piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, things went south, so that direction is accounted for. lol! <3

      Delete
  5. I think this covers it all, how perfect things can be and how bad they can end up. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess nothing's ever perfect and when it does seem to be, I'm just waiting for one, then the other shoe to drop, because they always do. *shrugs*

      Thanks, Tyler <3

      Delete
  6. This is so sad, Dollface! But I love it!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I wrote the whole poem and then realized I didn't put in the topic (smile). Took me a while to work it in. lol!

      Thanks, dollface :)

      Delete
  7. Isn't that just like love. We want it to go on forever but sometimes that just isn't the case. Lovely writing, dollface!! ❤❤❤ Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love always has an expiration date (I wrote that in a poem once years ago - lol!)

      Thanks, dollface. Love you <3

      Delete
  8. Oh you enchanting siren! You know how to enthrall your readers, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. From the top of the slide to the bottom, love is like that too often. 8 points Earthling

    Marvin

    ReplyDelete
  10. great write , both lovely and sad , pushing and pulling the heartstrings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh ow this is just gorgeous! The entire poem from beginning to end is just flawlessly written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Smiles* Thank you for the kind review, Jessica :)

      Delete
  12. Oh this really pull at my heartstrings. The imagery is lush, the emotion palpable... and that moon!!!! Love is so mysterious, so wonderful...and yet so painful. It's a cruel board game when you don't win. Sending hugs and love, (((DOLLFACE))))!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty hard not to get swayed by the moon. Love you tons, girlfriend!!

      Delete
  13. Touches my heart as I read. So beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely lovely write. Excellent use of the prompts
    Stormy

    ReplyDelete