Saturday, March 4, 2017

Love and Butterflies

 
Shy smiles, butterflies
hidden grins, it feels so right
distance closing
the dance begins
 
show me a kiss
show me your dreams
if you look, you will find me there
if you look, I'm right here
 
beneath a protected heart
special moments lay in waiting
the first love after heartache
is the strongest of them all
 
shy smiles, butterflies
a hopeful glance, taking a chance
you cannot have forever
until you first share a moment
 
share a moment with me.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  March 4, 2017
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 1.10 topic: "First Love"
 
Bonus points:
Hard (2 pts): Incorporate a Michael Jordan quote (I did not)
Easy (1 pt):  Include the word "Protected"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Firsties?

    Love it!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. You imply the importance of hitting the ground running, successfully and emphatically.

    Beautiful poem, Dahlia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shy smiles and butterflies always get me!
    6 points Earthling! :)

    Martien

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this....the butterflies give it such a magical feel....and I adore this song! Nice combo xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so beautiful --such a warm invitation to love <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So poignant, and so very true. Hope you find many moments

    Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful, hopeful poem. The first love after a heartbreak... *sigh* Love this song too. I sure wish we were closer because you always write my heart. I planned to write this week because I love the topic and maybe I will but I feel like you wrote for me! <3
    DeAnna

    ReplyDelete