Sunday, September 10, 2017

Abundant Heart

 
 
 
 



 
~ Abundant Heart ~
 
Build me with love, strengthen me with hope
shape me by the colors of diversity...
 
 
you'd risk your life to fight for me
and help to keep our country free
a Soldier foremost, no place for labels
honor knows no gender identity
 
love who you will, I'll bake you that cake
to celebrate joy is never a mistake
A common thread, a simple right:
to live and love in equality
 
abundant hearts should not be denied
protections redacted, Lady Liberty cried
when we deny the American Dream
we've closed the door on humanity
 
inward, not outward, is where it begins
see the beauty of color on different skins
we are different and we are the same
unite and embrace in mutuality
 
build me with love, strengthen me with hope
shape me by the colors of diversity
 
what was lost by ignorance and hate
will always be found again by love.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  September 10, 2017
 
 
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 29.10 Topic:  Lost and Found
 
Bonus Prompts:
 
Hard (2 pts):  Include the word "Inuit" or "Eskimo" - I did not
Easy (1 pt):  Incorporate a favorite color - Diversity
 
 
 
 
 
 




16 comments:

  1. Love is so often the answer and sadly so often ignored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love is such an easy answer, I don't know why it's so difficult to achieve.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aliens are good for diversity - 6 points Earthling

    Martien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a wonderful collection to add to the mix. Thanks, Martian Dude :)

      Delete
  4. So beautiful - love it, and love you, Dollface!! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dollface, this is beautiful!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, beautifully written, and so on point!!

    Sorry. I'm behind on my reading!

    Love you, dollface!! <3 xox - Leta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No worries, you've been busy. And thank you. I wish this was something that didn't need to be written. Love you!

      Delete