Sunday, August 19, 2018

Pawn




Within the dark she knows me well
it's where I hide, it's where I dwell
you cannot blame me, though
for living what I know
 
paint me up, dress me down
feed me lies, watch me drown
take away all sense of time
reduce me to a pantomime
 
silent cries or deaf of ear
the story of an unchecked tear
I travel through the darken night
she denies me her moonlight
 
past to future, dusk to dawn
it's all the same, the heart's a pawn
I give it up, the ultimate price
and roam the alleys of sacrifice.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  August 19, 2018
 
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 25.11 Topic:  Time Traveling
 
Bonus Prompts:
Hard (2 pts):  Use a quote or lyric from Oliver Twist *
Easy (1 pt): Mention a soccer player (I did not)
 
* I twisted this prompt and
used a lyric from the song Oliver Twist by D'Banj
"you cannot blame me though"
 
 
 
 
 


20 comments:

  1. I really get this right now! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayzus... that is dark. But I suppose its good to lay down in the darkness once a while .. makes the light that much brighter. Your poem takes a reader there, though and that is a sign of good writing. I am glad its a school night, i woudln't want to drink after reading this..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I think the darkness makes you truly recognize and appreciate the light.

      I wish it wasn't a school night, I wanted drinks with dinner lol!

      Delete
  3. You know I am going to want to read this to the world. That would be great for starters. What a poem... This is lethal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I imagine I'll hear you reading it to the world some time. You know you always can <3

      Delete
  4. OMG girl I love this.... you know I adore a good walk on the dark side, and this is fantastic! Every stanza has some excellent phrasing. Your work is AMAZING, Dollface! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of you when I walk on the dark side - lol! You do it so well. Thanks, dollface - love you!!

      Delete
  5. Dark and rich with hints of more. Coffee for the soul

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous right now. This is absolutely fantastic. You are definitly the queen of dark

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW that was a heart ripper...loved it though, so much!! You are so good with spinning raw emotion into wordsmith gold! Also love this song you attached!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, C - your praise always means a lot to me. Also, I'm obsessed with this song. lol!

      Delete
  8. Oh girl.... *sigh* You speak my soul. Masterful piece my dear. Oh and now I love a new band...wow...perfect song for the mood! DeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I, we are true soul sisters and I love you.

      Also, I saw a dance routine to that song and was instantly obsessed with it lol! I'll send you the clip, and I will be looking into this band more, I love their sound.

      Delete
  9. Deep and dark she roams. Excellent piece. 7 points, Earthling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roaming on the dark side is good every now and then. Thanks, Martian Dude ;)

      Delete