Sunday, October 14, 2018

Kaleidoscope Hearts




It was the darkness
I couldn't escape
haunted by lies
sleeping with ghosts
 
yet, it was that weight
of a thousand broken promises
that led me to you
 
when I saw nothing
you gave me a kaleidoscope
suddenly every light,
every reflection
became every you,
every me
 
my black
turned into a million little pieces of color:
reds, yellows, oranges, magentas, purples
 
you showed me this picture
of endless possibilities
and my darkness melted away
 
you gave me second sight:
 
a unique vision
of a colorful world
that we held in our hands.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  October 14, 2018
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 33.11 Topic:  Colors of Autumn
 
Bonus Prompts:
Hard (2 pts):  Incorporate Placebo lyrics*
Easy (1 pt):Mention pumpkins (I did not)
 
Placebo lyrics:
 
Sleeping with Ghosts / Broken Promise / Blind /
Every You Every Me / A Million Little Pieces
This Picture / Second Sight
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful beautiful....when you see the light, you see the entire spectrum!! Love this!! Also such a sad loss of a beautiful singer and soul, Michael Johns, still miss him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I was deeply saddened when I heard of his passing. It was so tragic and he was so young, with such a bright future ahead of him :(

      Delete
  2. Melancholy rains it seems, and melancholy reigns supreme,
    when you wield;
    decisions you've made, divisions on parade, I'm afraid
    not to yield.
    Obviously, you've got this, well under control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Dollface!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many responses to your gorgeous words. It is leading me to personify, to ponder who is "you." For me, it might well be Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the vision. We all need a kaleidoscope sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second sight is such a beautiful thing. 7 points, Earthling!

    ReplyDelete