Sunday, March 3, 2019

Midnight by the Numbers


~ Midnight by the Numbers ~
 

Eleven eleven
the pinnacle of wishful thinking
carries me to midnight
once again
 
twelve ten
the special appeal of midnight
begins to lose its allure
the stars did not align
 
twelve twenty-nine
another someday slips away
I shrug, not surprised
I've never left with more
 
twelve fifty-four
it's time to walk away
I hang my heart on the moon
another midnight, gone too soon.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  March 3, 2019
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 53.11 Topic:  Midnight Special
 
Bonus Prompts:
Hard (2 pts:)  Include something you would find in Oz (heart)
Easy (1 pt:)  Incorporate the title of a Patsy Cline song (someday)
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. 00:00 - time to start again! The prompts were definitely down your ally, dollface! <3 Leta

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reads like a true romantics doomsday clock. Each tick, echoing the beat of a loyal heart! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strangely I've never felt anything special about midnight. Sunset, Moonrise and Dawn all are significant in my mind, but midnight no so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Midnight always comes too fast for me. It is there shortly after I get home from work. It is gone too soon.

    Michelle King

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a while since I watched midnight pass before me awake.

    I love the use of time in each stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful and heartfelt.... the slipping of time away does seem to pull at our hope at times. Love this, love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the challenge, Dollface!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of things happen around the midnight hour! Some are not even remembered the next day! :) 8 points, Earthling!!

    Marvin aka Martien

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bewitched bothered and bewildered seems to always be the theme after midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the light of the moon...precious midnight.

    ReplyDelete