Friday, July 3, 2015

In Darkness and Love


~ In Darkness and Love ~

I saw you through the clouds of someone else’s fears
in that place where all reason disappears
dark and brooding, misunderstood
a dark angel, they saw more harm than good

You looked right at me, I couldn’t move
battle of wills, what had we each to prove
that I would abandon all for you
and to me you would never be untrue

A pact was made, lives to rewrite
we’d come together upon midnight
you told me sleep, and then I’d see
in a dream, you’d come for me

When the dream came, I held my breath
you whispered “forever starts with death”
with my eyes closed I went insane
the transition nearly inhumane

I saw my funeral, mourners wept
an unexplained end they could not accept
helpless, I watched them from above
if only I could tell them I’d died for love

You watched me wrestle with my grief
and compared yourself to a lowly thief
for selfish reasons, stealing me away
just so you could love me without delay

I saw your truth, and I remembered
that my days on earth were always numbered
it would have been a matter of chance
as to when, or if, I’d find true romance

My face the world will soon forget
and I’ll follow you, with no regret
to hear my name, forever from your lips
as we love in the shadows of our souls’ eclipse

© Dahlia Ramone, July 3, 2015



This was written for Blogophilia Week 19.8

Topic:  Dark Angel

Bonus Points:
(Hard, 2 pts)  Integrate a lyric by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young **
(Easy, 1 pt)  Incorporate a funeral

** “When the dream came / I held my breath /
with my eyes closed / I went insane” 
from the song ‘On the Way Home’

 
 
 

21 comments:

  1. Quite the abrubt transition, but one where none of the details will be forgotten, even in a lifetime.

    Love your poem, and Happy Independence Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, quite abrupt. Sometimes we just need to close our eyes and jump, so to speak.

      Happy Independence Day to you, too :)

      Delete
  2. Another emotional ride here. Your poems always know how to evoke the deepest feelings...and that song is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, C - I immediately thought of this song when I saw the topic. I've loved this song since the 80s when I first heard this band. I still have the cassette tape (The Trinity Session) that I bought - lol!, but I've since upgraded to CD :)

      Delete
  3. That was very cerebral - just left my mind racing

    TM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I imagined and felt all kinds of things as I was writing this. Thanks, Tyler :)

      Delete
  4. The things we do for love! Very intriquing write!

    8 points Earthling! :)

    Marvin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that is truly loving without limits. Thanks for the points, Martian Dude ;)

      Delete
  5. "The cloud of another's fears." Great line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One person's fear could be another's salvation. Thanks, Christopher :)

      Delete
  6. Happy 4th of July
    The things we do for love indeed

    This grabbed me and wouldn't let go straight through to the end
    Stormy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stormy - I'm glad to hear; that's always the goal of any writer. And Happy Fourth to you, too :)

      Delete
  7. captivates the reader, great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and enjoying, Linda :)

      Delete
  8. Eloquent and amazing. I love it! So very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Smiles* You're so kind, Barbara. Thank you :)

      Delete
  9. You made going with the dark angel sound so romantic, Dollface! Love it!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even a dark angel deserve love - loll! Thanks, Irene :D

      Delete
  10. The first line really grabs you and pulls you in and then the final stanza...wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that this keeps the reader engaged. Thanks, dollface :)

      Delete