Thursday, June 29, 2017

In the Light of Darkness



 
"I was never really insane,
except on occasions where my heart was touched"
- Edgar Allen Poe -
 
 
 
Under cover in the shadows
the edges of reality blur
reason cannot breathe
but my vision is crystal clear
 
I know the road well
mapped out by my heart
from pieces of my past
all u-turn ramps eroded
by the bridges that I've burned
 
I am weightless in this void
where love cannot find me
freedom from the madness
that grounds you with its touch
 
I own my darkness
and revel in its grasp
solitude calls 'shotgun'
and we ride without looking back.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  June 29, 2017
 
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia Week 18.10
Topic:  Knowing Your Own Darkness
 
Bonus Prompts:
Hard (2 pts): Use an Edgar Allen Poe quote (intro to poem)
Easy (1 pt): Use lyrics from Nervous Norvus (I did not)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



20 comments:

  1. I suck at solitude and am in awe of the strength of those who don't

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found as I've gotten older, I've embraced it more and more. Not sure if that's good or bad...

      Delete
  2. Wow this was awesome, one I enjoy reading over and over again...this line resonated with me the most: "freedom from the madness
    that grounds you with its touch" ...love that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, C - it's always good to hear when our poetry resonates with someone else <3

      Delete
  3. Not sure about you owning the darkness, but there is not doubt, you certainly own the moment here, Dahlia... Take me with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take that. And I'll take you anytime - that would be the best road trip! :D

      Delete
  4. Sometimes life in the shadows ain't too bad. Just sayin'! 7 points, Earthling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never was one for the spotlight, I kind of prefer the shadows :)

      Delete
  5. This is quite the write, Dollface! It definitely sounds like you have a grasp on darkness.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I do - lol! It's not such a bad place ;)

      Delete
  6. simply put, an excellent write!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Barbara - happy to hear you liked it :)

      Delete
  8. Haha! I knew that, silly martian ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. an emotional roller-coaster of a ride indeed Dahlia :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete