Sunday, July 2, 2017

Soul Chasers


~ Soul Chasers ~
 
 

Through indigo skies
the hibiscus sighs
seducing the air
her scent everywhere
 
the whippoorwill calls
my soul stumbles, and falls
I question my mind
you answer, in kind
 
lost song of lovers
the melody uncovers
would you not follow
leave me sad and hollow
 
chasing a soul
I cannot control
the power not mine
to realign
 
through indigo skies
I recognize
the scent of destruction
lured by seduction
 
I counter, with grace
you bow and embrace
the light that I sought
my wandering, for naught.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  July 2, 2017
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 19.10 Topic:  Discovering Soul
 
Bonus Prompts:
Hard (2 pts):  Include a Billy Idol lyric *
Easy (1 pt): Mention hibiscus
 
 
* Lost song of lovers..... leave me sad and hollow
(third stanza) - from Catch My Fall
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


16 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this, you wove everything in so that I thought you weren't including bonus prompts. haha Manage to engage all the senses... Bravo! -Dave Raider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well of course I had to include the song lyrics, but I almost didn't use the hibiscus. Then it kind of just made an appearance anyway :) Thanks, Dave :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I absolutely LOVE this! It flows so effortlessly and is just absolutely beautiful! (Gotta love on the Billy Idol lyric prompt this week - I know you're also a fan!!!) Love ya ((((DOLLFACE)))!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must join the others in the chorus of "WOW" well

    8 points Earthling! :)

    Marvin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would make awesome song lyrics...loved it xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has such a great flow and an emotional punch, suberb

    ReplyDelete
  6. great use of prompts in this wonderful write, super job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, hard driving rhythm and rhyme piece here. Just when I was about to stop and catch my breath, you dropped a bomb of a closure. Talk about a major attention getter!

    Hello. I am Myke Todd and I approve this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to write a poem where I use the prompts and make it sound as you do. :)

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautifully expressed. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I suppose many of his songs could be a song for lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun poem. It flowed really well.

    ReplyDelete