Sunday, July 23, 2017

Night Song / Aria of the Moon


 
~ Night Song / Aria of the Moon ~
 
 
In the darkness of night, life slows down
the moon comes out and plays her song
love, that moves the sun and other stars,
is the refrain I try to sing along
 
her melody, haunting
her lyrics, my own
her reach, universal
her resolution, unknown
 
she knows the depth of my truth:
I'm living on dreams and chains
she seeks to adjust the rhythm
so only the music remains
 
the night fades and the moon turns away
her back to me, she scans far and wide
as my dawn becomes another's dusk
she hears lyrics that cannot be denied
 
love can move the universe
and the sun and the stars play a part
no doubt or chains can stop her
when the moon has faith in the heart.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone: July 23, 2017
 
 
 
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia:
Week 22.10 Topic:  Night Life
 
Bonus Prompts:
Hard (2 pts): Quote Dante Alighieri *
Easy (1 pt): Use a lyric from a Stevie Nicks song **
 
* "Love, that moves the sun and the other stars" (first stanza)
** "I'm living on dreams and chains"
from I Sing for the Things (third stanza)
 
 
 
 
 
 



8 comments:

  1. You keep mooning me and I keep loving it!

    8 points Earthling!

    Marvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love when you write of the moon, she is truly your soul sister watching over you! This is absolutely exquisite in its lyrical beauty and gentleness. Love it and love you, Dollface! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The melodic drive of this is relentless, Dahlia, making the point from a myriad of angles, all true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moon has always been your beacon, I love that about you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow loved this one Lisa, especially this stanza and how you tied it all together,
    she knows the depth of my truth:
    I'm living on dreams and chains
    she seeks to adjust the rhythm
    so only the music remains

    Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful, it reflects you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome bit of lunar writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really enjoyed. Great picks for quotes

    ReplyDelete