Sunday, August 6, 2017

Fire and Wind

 
 
~ Fire and Wind ~
 
You are fire and wind
elements that ignite me
 
fiery passion
temperatures rise
your breeze becomes a tempest
I become lost in your storm
and it's contagious
 
your smile, so warm
heats up each path it travels
it eludes me now
and I tremble
 
your touch, but a whisper
it passes right through me
as if I wasn't there
 
you are fire and wind
elements that destroy me
 
I stand in your arena
the seeing, and unseen,
walk - don't run
I hesitate
(do you remember me?)
 
fan the flames
keep the scars
the warning flashes in the sky
 
tempt the tempest
seal my fate
what have I become?
 
you circle me
I feel your heat
not sure I can resist
 
you reach for me
I say a prayer
and enter into the storm.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  August 6, 2017
 
 
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 24.10 Topic:  Walk, Don't Run
 
Bonus Prompts:
Hard (2 pts): Use a Regina Spektor lyric *
Easy (1 pt): Include a radio station call letters **
 
 
* "And it's contagious" (from the song Us)
(second stanza)
 
** KEEP (103.1, Bandera, TX)
(seventh stanza)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


16 comments:

  1. Your emotional gamut transpires and transcends, bends but does not break.

    Elementally essential, Dahlia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this... it's like a siren call, a song... a storm that one would enter into quite willingly!!! Beautifully done, Dollface! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the intensity and the passion...LOVE this one Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That combination can be hard to walk away from, even to one's detriment. Thanks, C - glad you loved it <3

      Delete
  4. Never have I read a poem of yours that I did not like, Dollface!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some like it hot
    Some like it not
    The storm's desire feeds the fire
    and produces 8 points Earthling! :)

    The Martian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The storm's desire DOES feed the fire - haha! Thanks, Martian Dude ;)

      Delete
  6. Very intense and love the roller coaster ride you take

    ReplyDelete
  7. this has it all Dahlia .. such fiery passion in the heat of the moment... quite brilliant ... :-)

    ReplyDelete