Monday, January 22, 2018

From Inside the Willow Tree


 
~ From Inside the Willow Tree ~
 
Hidden under the canopy
of a sprawling willow tree
shelter beckons a weary soul
cautioned against another stroll
to the garden just within reach
where trust has always been breached
and truth shares a bed with lies
 
weep, willow, weep
for love doesn't come cheap
from the tidy rows of bleeding hearts
to the broken promise of the forget-me-nots
there's solace in the weeping
where dreams are meant for keeping
so the garden never dies
 
what's next, beyond the safety of the willow?
its leaves whisper into the winds of tomorrow
poised, as they are, to blow gently on a face
in need of guidance, seeking nature's grace
to create that path less traveled on
where reality mirrors dreams we've drawn
and the garden becomes all it implies.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  January 22, 2018
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 48.10 Topic:  The Tree in the Middle of My Garden
 
Bonus prompts:
Hard (2 pts):  Quote Martin Sheen ("What's next?")
Easy (1 pt):  Include the phrase "in or out of the money" (I did not)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



12 comments:

  1. Would we treasure love as much if it did come cheap? 7 points Earthling

    Martien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm sure we wouldn't. Thanks, Martian Dude :)

      Delete
  2. This is one of your finest hours,
    in this garden of reap and sew.
    I'd gladly show for daily tours;
    please designate my time to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our time is like a summer's breeze
      who wouldn't always keep it near?
      to while away the hours with ease,
      anytime you wish, my dear.

      Delete
  3. This has such an ethereal feel and the words would make perfect lyrics...also cool song you posted with it. Love it xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Serena Ryder, I think you knew that lol! Thanks, C - your praise always means a lot to me <3

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, this is so gentle and beautiful. I absolutely love the imagery and the emotion in this piece. Oh, and I love willows too!!! Hugs Dollface! xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willow trees are a little magical. Thanks, Colleen. Love you <3

      Delete
  5. Love it, Dollface!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete