Sunday, January 7, 2018

Celestial Serenade


 
~ Celestial Serenade ~
 
Long ago, on a night like this
I first dreamt of you
not knowing who you were
but knowing you were true
 
a lover's arms, a safe place
a dream to hang my hat on
you came to me in slumber
and vanished with the dawn
 
I'd look for you
in the stars at night
I'd close my eyes
you aren't in sight
 
but the moon just smiled
because she knew who you were
and she had some magic to disperse
before our meeting could occur
 
she called on the elements
she called on time
she set the stage
and wrote the rhyme
 
waxing poetic
she filled our hearts
and on a night like this
our romance starts.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  January 7, 2018
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
 
Week 46.10 Topic:  Long Ago
 
Bonus Prompts:
Hard (2 pts):  Include a lyric or line from singer Jewel *
Easy (1 pt):  Mention a lamp (I did not)
 
*  "You Aren't In Sight" (from Standing Still)
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. A walking premonition,
    on a solitary mission,
    comes on one condition;
    til time he is missin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect <3 Love the timeless feel of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moon always knows whats hiding in our hearts

    Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Romantic and dreamy always a great combination. 8 points Earthling.

    Martien

    ReplyDelete
  5. Under the moon true romance comes alive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully romantic. I love it.

    ReplyDelete