Saturday, September 8, 2018

Mirage



~ Mirage ~
 

What was it
that drew you to me that day?
I thought you a songbird
but you were a bird of prey
 
your words of grandeur
spoke to my core
you drew me in
with the promises you swore
 
I expected honor
but your words were hollow
still I didn't know
the deceit that would follow
 
when I asked you why
it came to an end
I may as well
have been talking to the wind
 
silence and scars
it's what we became
your plan executed
and you had no shame
 
it's why I lie
and self-sabotage
claiming I'm better alone
because love's a mirage
 
who means what they say?
it's why I cry
because I don't know how
to trust the next guy.
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone:  September 8, 2018
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia
Week 27.11 Topic:  "Why I Lie and Why I Cry"
 
Bonus Prompts:
Hard (2 pts):  Include "speak to the wind"
Easy (1 pt): Mention a song from the band Pop Evil *
 
* Birds of Prey / Core / Silence and Scars
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Your words never cease to amaze and the pain is clearly felt in this one. My advice to you, is judge the next one only by his own merits and what he has to offer, we cannot blame the good ones for what the bad ones did to us. You deserve true love and you shall have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read a poem, written from this point of view. It is fascinating.
    I imagine whoever reads this will take it aside to take it in stride for future failed first steps... Great poem, Dahlia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is so breathtakingly beautiful but painful.... and my heart aches for you, Dollface. I totally agree with Christine, you deserve and will have true love in your life! HUGS and LOVE! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust is the hardest thing to restore. 8 points Earthling

    Martien

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pain, Wow. Sometimes people lie, sometimes they lie to themselves, sometimes they change but it can all be same pain

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you, and I find that I'm unable to trust myself and my discernment between the real and the serial dater so I stand back from any romance

    ReplyDelete