Saturday, November 19, 2016

Windswept Dreams



~ Windswept Dreams ~
 
Windswept dreams, a heart seeking shelter
weary from existing helter-skelter
in a catacomb of broken souls,
lost on a path that Fear controls
 
Windswept dreams? A romantic's passion
misleading the heart in dangerous fashion
eschewing caution when the heart is smitten
for a poet's love, yearning to be written
 
Windswept dreams, scatter far and wide
a Hail-Mary of hope, blanket the countryside
cross mountains and seas with humbled grace
and return to me with love's embrace.
 
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone: November 19, 2016
 
 
 
 
***
 
I wrote this from a word challenge,
having asked my friends to each give me a word. 
Below are the words they gave me,
and I used the ones in bold:
 
 
heart / windswept / smitten / dangerous / bereft /
mountain / emerald / catacomb / grace / humbled /
sanctimonious / flake / sylvan / bullocks
 
 



10 comments:

  1. Love it, Dollface! <3

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Smiles* Thanks, dollface. And thanks for your word :)

      Delete
  2. Love it all, but the second stanza truly sings to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading this on repeat play, and just about have it down. It is a perfect lyrical poem, and one for revering... Great message, perfect flow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael :) Your words always mean a lot to me <3

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh.... your poetry plucks my heartstrings as usual! Swept up in the emotion of it all.... Love this, Dollface! And you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smiles* Thank you, Colleen. My imagery is nowhere near yours, but it makes me happy that you feel my words. Love you tons!! <3

      Delete
  5. GORGEOUS words...wow. You really know how to evoke the emotions...nicely done Dahlia xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how much I value your praise, C - thank you for always being such a great cheerleader :) <3 <3

      Delete