Saturday, November 5, 2016

Delusion



 

Drink to me
your delusion
I keep hope alive
reality's intrusion
 
taste my faith
your resolution
I bleed the greys
harboring confusion
 
absorb my strength
breathe its misconception
I mask the pain
denying restitution
 
embrace the spider's kiss
there is no more than this.
 
 
(c) Dahlia Ramone: November 5, 2016
 
 
 
This was written for Blogophilia Week 37.9
Topic:  More Than This
 
Bonuses:
 
Hard (2 pts): Quote Pablo Picasso ("Drink to me")
Easy (1 pt): Incorporate "the sands of time" (I did not)
 
 
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! I have missed your poetry. This is just exquisite, with a hint of darkness...which you know I adore! Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I knew you'd appreciate the dark vibe. Thank you :) Love you tons!! <3

      Delete
  2. love the mood of this one..beautiful intensity is your specialty!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks. It did end up a little intense - lol!

      Love you!

      Delete
  3. There are fine lines between semblance and substance. You manage to cascade either option here in your exceptional poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so good to me. That's just one of the reasons I'm mad about you ;)

      Delete
  4. Perfect!
    7 points Earthling! :)

    Martien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I barely got it written in time for you. Thanks for the points, Martian Dude ;)

      Delete
  5. If eternity were to be found in a spiders kiss then a drink of its deceiving bliss would suffice. And your words would hold true..I think I will have to add your poem to my favorites. Loved this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was very sweet to say, Clarice. I am happy that you loved this little poem :)

      Delete
  6. Dollface, I love love love your poems!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete